Wellness Council is made up of Child Nutrition staff, committed community members and district administration to create, promote and evolve healthful policies, programs and visions for our students. Meetings are held to review the district policy and discuss opportunities to promote nutrition, physical activity and lifestyles of wellness.
• Create the vision and goals for the local Healthy Schools Program
• Assist with policy development to support a healthy school environment
• Promote parent, community and professional involvement in developing a healthier school environment
• Advocate for school health programs and policies within the broader school community
• Tap into funding and leverage resources for student and staff wellness
• Plan and implement programs for students and staff