How to Access Canvas from a Computer
Parents can enjoy read-only access to their child's full Canvas online environment with a Parent Observer account. This tutorial will guide you through how to set-up your Canvas Parent Observer account and access Canvas from a computer. To create a Parent Observer account, you will need your son or daughter's 7-digit ID which can be found on his or her paper schedule distributed in class on the first day of school and a computer with a compatible browser.
Parent Registration and Student Observation from Canvas LMS on Vimeo.
2. On the login screen, click on "Parent of a Canvas User? Click here for an account."
3. In the Parent Signup window enter your name and email address.
4. In the box labeled "Child's Username" enter your son or daughter's school email address. This is the same username your student uses to login to Canvas:
5. In the box labeled "Child's Password" enter your son or daughter's school email password. This is the same password your student uses to login to Canvas:
7. To complete your registration, go to your inbox for the email you registered with, find the email from Canvas, and click the "Click here to finish the registration process link."
8. If you have another child at SYHS who you want to observe, login in to Canvas, click "Account" > "Settings" > "Observing" and enter your other child's username and password, then click the "+ Student" button.