How to Access Canvas from an Android Device
This tutorial will guide you through how to access Canvas using an Android device.
1. Install the Canvas Parent by Instructure app from Google Play by clicking the link below or searching Google Play and launch the app.
2. Allow or Don't Allow Canvas to access
3. Tap "Create Account."
4. Type your first and last name in the appropriate fields (not your son or daughter's name).
5. Type your email address in the field labeled "Email address" (not your son or daughter's email).
6. Type a unique password that you will remember in the fields labeled "Password" and "Confirm Password."
7. Tap "Create Account."
8. On the next screen tap "Add Student."
9. Search "Santa Ynez Valley Union HSD" in the field labeled "Find your student's school or district"; tap "Santa Ynez Valley Union HSD."
10. In the box labeled "Email or phone" type your son or daughter's school email address. This is the same email address your student uses to login to Canvas:
11. In the box labeled "Password" enter your son or daughter's school email password. This is the same password your student uses to login to Canvas:
12. Tap "Sign in." There is no need to check "Keep me signed in."
13. If you have multiple students, tap the settings icon in the upper right corner, then the "+" to add additional students to your account.