On this page you will find information related to the college admission process such as SAT/ACT dates, school codes and other helpful information. If after reviewing this information you still have additional questions please feel free to contact the guidance office.
SANTA YNEZ HIGH SCHOOL CEEB CODE: 053340
This code is used on standardized tests such as the ACT and SAT
- FREE SAT TEST PREP!
- STUDENT RECOMMENDATION FORM
- Please find the electronic "Student Recommendation Form" here
- Students need to fill out the information on this form and submit it to the person that will be writing their recommendation
- Please be sure that you are giving your recommender at least two weeks notice to ensure your letter is given the proper attention it deserves!
- If you have any questions, please see your conselor.
- UC AND CSU APPLICATION DEADLINE
- The deadline to submit applications for the University of California (UC) and California State Universities (CSU) is NOVEMBER 30. The application window opens October 1. Students applying to CSU campuses can submit applications at any time during the two month window. Those applying to UC campuses can work on applications now but cannot hit the "send" button until November 1. All applications must be completed online (you can find the link below).
- UC/CSU ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Please click here to view UC and CSU admissions criteria
- SENDING S.A.T. OR A.C.T. SCORES TO UC AND CSU CAMPUSES
- By sending your SAT scores to one UC campus all UC campuses are granted access. This eliminates having to send more than one score report.
- To give all CSU campuses access to your SAT scores, list the following code: 3594
- To give all CSU's access to your ACT scores, click here: http://www.csumentor.edu/planning/high_school/sat_code.asp
- COLLEGE APPLICATION LINKS
- COLLEGE ADMISSION TESTING (S.A.T. & A.C.T.)
- FINANCIAL AID
- COLLEGE SEARCH SITES
- SCHOOL PROFILE
- Please click here for the school profile
- TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS
- To request transcripts, students are to come into the Guidance Office and request that their transcripts be sent. Students are also reminded they are not to send transcripts to UC's or CSU's unless specifically requested to do so by individual schools. Most private/independent colleges want transcripts to be sent at the time applications are submitted, along with mid-year transcripts. Students should check application policies for each college to which they apply. Finally, all students wishing to have their final transcripts mailed out must do so by signing up in the Guidance Office with Ms. Schaefer prior to the end of school.
- ATHLETICS IN COLLEGE
- Students who wish to play sports at an NCAA Division I or Division II college, or at an NAIA sanctioned college, must register with the respective eligibility center. Eligibility centers determine if students have met minimum academic requirements for athletic participation. Along with registering, students must have SAT or ACT scores sent to the respective centers. Click on lilnks below to register.